1. They are incredibly passionate and love what they do
2. They value their independence of thought
3. They love working with multiple teams and the complexity that involves
Keep the following points in mind to get the best out of your product people.
1. Set them KPIs they should achieve and will be held responsible for. Specify the time duration by when results will be expected.
2. Do not tell them what to do or how to do it. Give them feedback at a appropriate time.
3. A product manager is not a project manager or a operations manager.
4. He should have 30% of his time to go out, talk to customers and think about creative solutions.
5. In the online world, product management is about rapid experimentation and learning from mistakes. Hold back from saying "I told you so". That is the easiest thing in the world
- Aditya Raghav